Want To Learn About Financial Planning?
- Do you have an interested in Investments and Personal Finance?
- Do you enjoy being socially engaged and creating long-lasting personal connections?
- Do you want to have the opportunity to control your career path and have autonomy of your lifestyle?
If so, then sign up for the externship today!
The program is a collaboration between San Diego State University and FPA San Diego. It is meant to provide meaningful experience to students who are motivated to have a career in the Financial Planning Industry.
- Externship consists of 9 hours of in-office experience over 1-3 weeks. Exact times and days will be coordinated with you and the advisory firm.
- Experience the day to day life of a financial planning practice. You will get paired with a local San Diego Firm.
- Get to know the different sides of the business (Planning, Investments, Operations, Advising)
- Get exposure to the Financial Planning Process and learn how to make a difference in a client’s life.
If you are a student interested in participating, please contact email@example.com. The externship begins October 1st, 2018.
Earn the Degree
As of Fall 2017, SDSU will offer a specialization in Financial Planning’s part of the Financial Services Major. The degree, with the Certificate in Personal Financial Planning, will automatically qualify students to sit for the CFP® Exam and be one step closer to becoming a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER. Contact Professor Warschauer firstname.lastname@example.org or your counselor to make sure you’re on track.
Earn the Degree
The Financial Planning Association Student Chapter is a great resource for learning more about the industry, meeting local CFP®s, and exploring possible intern and employment opportunities. Contact Blake Pinyan (email@example.com) to join.