The following companies have contacted us looking to hire either current students or recent graduates. Click on each listing for more information. This page was last updated on November 11, 2017 and is believed to be current. If you are interested in learning more or applying, please contact these companies directly. If you are a company interested in posting a job opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
JW Harrison Financial Advisors
Associate Financial Planner Position
We are an independent fee-only Wealth Management firm in Walnut Creek, CA (the San Francisco Bay Area) seeking an Associate Financial Planner to join our team. We provide comprehensive, holistic, financial planning and investment management services for individuals, families, and business owners.
Students graduating in December 2017 or May 2018 are highly encouraged to apply.
This is a professional position that will assist in the creation of complex and comprehensive financial recommendations. You will be involved in the entire client engagement and will be encouraged to grow into a Senior Planner role. To be successful, you must have the ability to utilize critical thinking skills, work independently and anticipate firm needs and client questions.
The Ideal Candidate will naturally…
- …Connect with Others The ideal candidate is someone with whom others feel comfortable opening up and sharing personal facts and feelings.
- …Analyze Facts and Feelings The ideal candidate is not only comfortable with analyzing numbers but also with reading body language and tones in a person’s voice.
- …Deliver Logic with Compassion The ideal candidate has a highly logical mind but understands that objective advice is more effective when it’s not delivered coldly.
- …Inquire and Improve The ideal candidate has an innate need to improve processes but understands that can only be done after first understanding how exactly things are currently done and why.
- …Crave Learning While there will be significant direction, mentoring and support from the firm, the ideal candidate is naturally curious and enjoys constantly learning and researching independently.
Details of Initial Responsibilities
- Participate in client meetings
- Collect, organize, and synthesize personal and financial client information
- Assist in analysis of financial planning needs
- Create deliverables for client engagements
- Continuously monitor clients’ financial situations with detail and accuracy
- Be available to field ad hoc planning questions from clients
- Conduct research projects for the company and its clients
- Assist with internal work flow system upgrades and development
- Participate in company meetings and have involvement in company-wide decisions
- Complete existing projects and create new ones where opportunities exist
- Strong logical mind (e.g., enjoy puzzles and skilled at deductive and inductive reasoning)
- Organized, with a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated academic achievement (e.g., high GPA, high Standardized Test scores)
- Strong interpersonal skills • Demonstrated passion for helping others
- Demonstrated personal financial management responsibility (i.e., responsible with own finances)
- Meaningful experience with the following is not required, but a plus:
- Pivot tables and other advanced functions in Excel
- MoneyGuidePro, Morningstar Office, or any other financial planning-related software
- Teaching and mentoring
- Written communication (e.g., reporting or blogging)
Every individual can benefit from some level of financial advice, planning or management help. While some clients need broad and ongoing financial planning and management, for others a few hours of advice on a specific topic may be enough. For that reason, we work with clients under one of three arrangements:
- Ongoing Financial Advice and Money Management (AUM model) – ongoing asset management, comprehensive financial planning, and advice year-around on any financial-related topics.
- Hourly Advice & Comprehensive Financial Plans – financial consultations and/or customized financial plans that clients implement themselves.
- Competitive salary with bonus incentive structure
- 401(k) with 6% employer matching contributions
- Health, dental, and vision insurance available
- Continuing Education – paid professional dues, conference attendance, training budget, etc.
- Mentorship and learning opportunities in a collaborative team environment
- Significant career growth opportunity with ability to define & tailor role within the organization
To apply, please email Bryan Hasling (email@example.com) and include:
- An introduction to you, your resume and cover letter, as well any attachments or links that may help us learn more about you (e.g. LinkedIn, publications, blogs, etc.)
SAGE Financial Advisors
Jr. Planner and Analyst
Interested in helping to make a difference in clients’ lives and expand your personal and professional skills? As their trusted advisor, we help our clients live with greater confidence in their future. And we are looking for a new member to help run the office for our small team of three.
Job you will do — Support the firm’s financial advisors and investment committee by assisting in financial planning, investment, client servicing and business development functions. A typical day in the life as Jr. Planner and Analyst at Sage in Reno involves:
- Scheduling client, prospect and professional appointments.
- Maintaining marketing processes including sending initial marketing packages, prospect and referral process management, entering information from Fact Finders in CRM (client relationship mgt.) and FP (financial planning) programs, and generating reports.
- Assist in the analysis, development, presentation and monitoring of financial plans.
- Assist in client meetings.
- Assist in documentation of the firm’s financial planning services and procedures.
- Assist in regular and consistent communications for client education, and for us to stay up to date with their situation and plan.
- Assist in the rollout and maintenance of client on-line wealth portal.
- Assist in development, presentation, and monitoring of investment plans. These include the firm’s strategic and tactical asset allocations, and specific investments, client and prospect portfolios, and monitoring market trends and conditions.
- Assist in management of firm’s PD (client portfolio database) SA (asset allocation and style advisor analysis).
- Assist in documentation of firm’s investment management services and procedures.
- Perform projects as needed including research for firm’s articles, industry and regulatory developments, and best practices.
- Help us stay current by attending online conferences and continuing education events.
- Perform general office duties including correspondence, reports, scanning, filing, organization and keeping the office clean and organized.
Who you are
- Superb attention to detail and accuracy.
- Likes structure, following guidelines, and meeting deadlines.
- Motivated by challenges and complex problem solving.
- Love collaborating and being part of a team, yet also enjoy working along with limited supervision.
- Hold yourself to the highest professional standards.
- Upbeat, energetic, positive, and mature attitude.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations; position continually requires poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint) and financial planning software and investment/portfolio analytics. Experience with CRM a plus.
- A recent graduate, or graduating 2017, with financial planning.
- Excellent personal and professional references.
- Likes to learn (in-house, web-based and off-site) and keep up to date to improve competency.
- Pass background checks with flying colors.
- Permanent full-time $38,000 to $46,000 depending on experience and performance.
- Please send me cover letter that addresses why you think you’re the right person for this position, your resume, and two references (both personal and academic/professional). And check us out online. They will be scheduling interviews with the most qualified candidates over the next couple of weeks. Thank you for your interest in being part of our team, and best wishes in your job hunt!
If interested, please contact Brian M. Loy, CFA, CFP, President of Sage Financial Advisors, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FIDES Wealth Strategies Group
FIDES Wealth Strategies Group is an independent financial and investment planning firm serving individuals, families, and business owners seeking a trusted advisor relationship on their path towards attaining and maintaining financial independence.
As independent wealth managers and financial planner professionals, we earn our clients’ trust through a comprehensive process that places their interests first as we seek to provide an unparalleled planning experience.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
We are seeking an Associate Financial Planner to fill an ever growing need from our clients. The roll of this job will involve client interaction and strategic planning with our financial planning team. There will be extensive mentorship from our partners that have almost 4 decades of combined experience in the industry.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage client interaction with staff and advisors:
- Create and manage social media campaigns
- Maintain current marketing campaigns
- Prepare client review materials
Data retention and business reports:
- Manage the Client Record Management system
- Facilitates the flow of information for client to senior advisor and staff
- Work with our Advisor Resource Center on financial plans for clients.
- Develop retirement plan projection
- Create income tax estimates
- Review Asset Allocation Changes
- Maintain client website data integrity
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, and Windows
- Demonstrates technical and functional expertise
- Seeking a career path in Financial Services
- The ability to be self-starter and goal-oriented
- Knowledge of the securities industryGreat organization skills
- Competitive Salary based on experience and value added
- Potential Full time Associate position after internship with salary and bonus structure
Location: La Jolla, CA
Northwestern Mutual offers a personalized approach to uncovering financial solutions tailored to each client’s individual needs.
Financial representatives with Northwestern Mutual provide expert guidance and innovative solutions to help meet a client’s financial goals and objectives at every life stage. They offer exclusive access to insurance products from a top-rated company. We are an independent broker dealer, which enables us to provide a wide range of securities products as well.
Do you have what it takes to leverage the maximum potential of this career with the right mix of skills, ambition, and timing? If you’re a top-notch performer, value independence, want to be financially rewarded for your success, and have the desire to positively impact people’s lives every day, consider a career as a Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative in the San Diego area.
Leverage Our Strength
You can count on us to help you build strong financial futures for your clients. Financial strength is the cornerstone of any company, and Northwestern Mutual has an exceptionally strong financial position. When a client is looking for someone to help manage their financial risk and achieve financial security in today’s complex world, they have much to consider. For example, what do others say about the organization? Is it financially strong enough to be there when you need it? Does it deliver exceptional value over the long term? Does it take care of its customers and provide them with excellent service? Do the company’s values match your own?
Consider these facts:
- Northwestern Mutual consistently earns the highest possible financial strength ratings from the four major financial ratings services. (A++ — A.M. Best (April 2013); AAA — Fitch Ratings (June 2013); AAA — Standard & Poor’s (May 2013); Aaa — Moody’s Investors Service (May 2013)
- “Top 50 Companies to Launch a Career With” by Business Week from (2006-2013)
- Top 125 Companies for Training & Development (2009-20123
- Fortune #1 Most Admired Company in Our Industry (2013)
- Glass Door Top 25 Companies to Work For (2013)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Self- motivated
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- History of Personal Success
Email your resume to Jennifer Thompson, Recruitment Coordinator at email@example.com or call her directly at 858-350-3505. For more information, visit our Web site at www.nm.com
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualification required of employees assigned to this job.
Financial Representative Intern
Northwestern Mutual’s Internship Program is ranked as “One of America’s Top Ten Internships” for a good reason—it gives you real-world experience from ‘Day One.’ As a Financial Representative Intern, you are trained and mentored by industry veterans who know what it takes to succeed. You learn how to run a business from one of the most respected companies around. And you test drive a promising career where you can achieve your goals and have a significant impact on others’ lives.
Networking/building a clientele; learning aspects of being an entrepreneur and running your own business; communication and sales building skills. As an NM Intern, you will:
- Learn a lot about yourself and what it takes to be successful.
- Experience the independent and entrepreneurial spirit our Financial Representatives share and the full perspective of what the career involves.
- Develop the self-assurance to work for yourself and run your own business.
- Sharpen your skills in communication and marketing and build all-important personal and professional self-confidence.
- Enjoy the rewards of helping others as you bring a full-service approach to your clients’ needs and provide guidance and solutions that will have a positive impact on families and businesses for years to come.
As you build your business, you will:
- Meet with Clients: You will set up appointments to discuss your client’s current financial situation.
- Analyze the Client’s Situation: After extensive fact-finding, you will uncover long-term goals that you will use to help determine your client’s needs.
- Make Recommendations: After evaluating your client’s current situation and goals, you will determine what products can help fulfill their needs and present appropriate solutions to your client.
- Provide Ongoing Service: You will continue to work with your clients beyond the close of the sale. Most financial representatives contact their clients twice per year to determine whether their needs have changed, and keep them aware of the resources available to them.
Email your resume to Jennifer Thompson, Recruitment Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her directly at 858-350-3505. For more information, visit our Web site at www.nm.com
Choose a Career That Lets You Live Life Differently
Think about a goal that you’ve accomplished; whether it was helping your team win a championship, paying off debt or running your first 10K; the feeling of accomplishment is undeniable. Now think about how helping others reach their financial goals will feel—both for you and your clients.
Financial representatives with Northwestern Mutual help clients reach their financial goals, staying with them over time and evolving their plans as their needs change. And with more than half of Americans believing their financial planning needs improvement, a career with Northwestern Mutual provides abundant opportunities.
You’ll partner with clients by creating personalized financial plans built on their unique needs and desires. And through our industry-leading solutions, you’ll help them protect what they’ve worked so hard to achieve while also growing their assets for the future.
We’re looking for competitive individuals who thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You’ll be matched up with experienced mentors and coaches who will help you get started and stay with you throughout your career.
Recognized by FORTUNE as one of the “World’s Most Admired” companies, Northwestern Mutual has been among the leaders in the financial services industry for nearly 160 years and has a proven track record of financial success.
By joining our team, you’ll have access to:
- An award-winning training program to help you get started.
- Mentorship and professional development training throughout your entire career.
- A culture that promotes diversity, teamwork, work/life balance, recognition and rewards.
- Full financial support for professional designations and certifications for both your personal andprofessional business growth.
- The opportunity to pursue leadership and specialized roles.
- Exceptional income potential, as your hard work will directly relate to your sales results. Ourfinancial representatives are compensated through commissions, bonuses, repeat business and client retention.
- Our clients desire the following from their financial representative:
- A bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
- Someone who builds relationships centered on trust, open communication and transparency.
- The courage and ability to have difficult conversations when needed.
- A commitment to ongoing learning, including staying current on financial news, laws and theimpacts to their clients.
- Someone who is proactive and focused on providing excellent customer service.Benefits:1 Northwestern Mutual Planning and Progress Study 2015
2 FORTUNE magazine’s annual survey, published February 19, 201
While you help your clients achieve financial security, Northwestern Mutual will also help you.
- Top-ranked training program (as recognized by Training magazine, 2015).
- Exceptional income potential.
- Comprehensive medical coverage.
- Two company-funded retirement plans (pension plan and 401(k) plan).
- Sponsorship of licensing and designations.
- Personalized mentorship from top-performing advisors.
- Group life and disability income insurance.For more information, please visit our Financial Representative career page on NorthwesternMutual.com
**If your firm is listed on here and the job/internship is no longer available, please contact email@example.com to remove your posting.